Thursday, March 14, 2013

TimTania Tie the Knot

So awhile back I found out one of my friends from secondary school and also USYD, Natania, got engaged! They planned for a November wedding, and it was smack in between my busy period, because my mom's birthday is mid november, followed by my gramma's birthday and then my dad's birthday at the end of the month. I managed to squeeze some time out for a trip back to Sydney and of course to attend Natania's wedding!! We're not the kind of friends who talk all the time, but I know if I ever truly need her help she'll be there for me, fo shizzle, even with a bit of eye-rolling and sarcastic quips, but there nonetheless, and I wanted to bear witness to one of the defining moments of her life. Natania's also the first of my close friends to get married, congrats on being the pioneer hehehe (PRIVATE JOKE RIGHT THERE). It was a really heartfelt wedding. None of that fancy shmancy stuff you get over here in Singapore, just a simple church ceremony where they vowed their love and devotion in front of close friends, family and God. And of course a really amazing, intimate luncheon with great food and a couple of fun games thrown in. Truly happy for the beautiful couple! 

compare this to my graduation photo hehehhe :)

(i didn't draw this!)
haha the bride wore SANDALS. 

This wedding, their marriage, it just goes to show you don't need the fancy things. You don't need 600 guests, or a 6 string orchestra to play your march in, or champagne fountains, or cheesy slideshows. You just need a love that is so deep and so true, and it makes everything beautiful, everyone can see it and more importantly feel it. I wish you both laughter and love for years to come x

No comments:

Post a Comment