Tuesday, December 13, 2011

In the Shadow Of The Earth

It's been a long time since I've had anything interesting going on in my life. How easily it is that work consumes an individual, especially since I'm working in an internet company I no longer relish the mindless surfing through tumblr/fb/blogs. So over the weekend I ignored my computer and instead spent my days sleeping and wandering through Singapore. One of my most favouritest people in the whole wide world is back in my city, and Saturday saw us meandering through the hipster-cool Ann Siang, where we visited the newly opened Lomo Gallery Store (which, by the way is quite the place to go and just inspect all the various Lomos, though I'd suggest getting them online and therefore cheaper), walked around and around, ended up having tea at the newly opened Antoinette cafe (of which I blogged about the Penhas Road location here), before making jokes about checking in on facebook everywhere we go and then proceeding to check in at the nearby Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. Which, of course we eventually wound up going to, since you know, it was already facebook official! 

Braved the crowds and hopped on the MRT but not before getting lost in Chinatown and having to ask the Indian Money Changer Uncle where was the MRT station (shame), and headed to Marina Bay Sands. After lusting over the beautiful yellow Chanel bags and the new Boy Chanel, we had dinner at Daniel Boulud in MBS, me the duck confit, she the Frenchie Burger, both of which were slightly above average but nothing spectacular (my duck confit was not crisp on the outside as it should be, though it was extremely flavoursome, plus the onion rings it was served with was delish). Post dinner and suffering from food coma, we ended up outside the Art and Science Museum on the benches and watched the lunar eclipse. An hour or more of the moon moving into the shadow of the earth-- easily one of the more spectacular things I've ever seen.

So that was my Saturday and now it is 50 minutes into Tuesday, and I'm already counting the minutes to the next Saturday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment