Sunday, November 20, 2011

HELLO PANDA


One of the highlights of my trip to China was a visit to the Panda park in Chengdu city!!! I love love love pandas, and if you think they are cute in photos they are a thousand times cuter in real life. Pandas are the treasure trove of China and I can totally see why. There is not a single soul who would not melt into puddly goos when they see these babies romping around and just being cute. Everything they do is cute! If you don't melt into a puddly goo when you see them in real life, then you don't have a soul, period. The Panda park is really great, and surprisingly not as crowded as I thought it would be. My friend Ann from Seattle is doing her study abroad in Sichuan University and I brought her along and we were both gushing over the absolutely adorable bears while they frolicked and ate bamboo. While we were there some contestants of a beauty pageant were there as well, so that was an absolute blow to my self esteem, with all these gorgeous women towering above me in their 4 inch heels and clad in sexy trench coats. But back to the pandas, SO CUTE. One of them was even born on my birthday! It is fate, meant to be. If I were like Veruca Salt I'd stomp my feet and say "Daddy, I want that one, NOW" like she did in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, but since I'm not I'll just wheedle to no one in particular that I want a panda, please? 

No comments:

Post a Comment