Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Great Singapore Cupcake Hunt

Singapore is always going through food fads, and the current one that is slowly but surely gaining momentum is cupcakes! Forget about donuts (pshhh so 2009) or bubble tea, cupcakes have always been my favourite. What's not to love about single-serve cakes in pretty paper cups, complete with a good dollop of icing? There are a gabillion ways to make really good cupcakes, but that's the best part! It's all about the variety, and the infinitesimal possibilities between cake and icing flavours. The greatest thing about cupcakes is that if you don't want to leave your house you can even whip up your own batch with a basic list of things you have in the pantry. Flour, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, and some cocoa powder or vanilla essence and you're good to go.

But my favourite cupcakes so far are from Trophy Cupcakes, a little specialty cupcake store in Seattle. I used to walk down this treacherous slope from my dorm to the U.Vill just to get me a cupcake ( although walking down was the easy part, it was the walking back up that I always dreaded). Their triple chocolate and salted caramel cupcakes are the best EVER. I torture myself constantly by going to their facebook page and looking at all the special flavours, like raspberry lemon, or magarita with tequila lime buttercream, or lemon meringue, or smores. The list never ends. But sadly I'm back in Singapore for good, so I guess I'll have to go on a cupcake hunt right here in my own city (hehehhehe yayyy!) 




No comments:

Post a Comment