Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good Rainy Days

So its pouring as usual in Monsoon-Season-Singapore, and I'm home after coming back from lunch with my momma. I'm reading one of the books I had to read for an South East Asian Politics class back when I was on exchange in the UW. I only read the required chapters when I was taking the class but I figured its a pretty good book to finish reading from cover to cover. My mother is downstairs playing Canon in D on the piano even though nobody has played the piano in a really long time, and I can hear her fumbling with some notes but she plays right through anyway. She stopped 3 minutes ago, and my phone vibrated. She bbm-ed me from downstairs to remind me that I have to email her something, and then when I replied "ok" she starts playing again. Then I am told there is the pink variety pomelo that has already been peeled for me in the fridge, and I run down and gobble it up in the kitchen. I end up playing the piano for an hour, practicing only two songs that I can read and remember-- Ballad pour Adeline and Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Its been over 5 years since I last played a complete song, and my weak wrists hurt when I finally close the baby grand. Today is a good rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment