Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rachael Yamagata At The Esplanade

I've been waiting for videos that I was sure other people took of the concert, just cos I was a cheapo and bought the seats that were higher up hehe (and therefore could see all the diehard fans who splurged on expensive tickets to sit in the good seats and spent the whole concert recording all her songs). Finally found a great quality video (kudos to you, vivthegreat!) It was a truly beautiful recital, and I am fresh from catching Death Cab for Cutie yesterday at Fort Canning, and therefore can safely say that Rachael is a great performer. This video is great cos her voice cracks (she was apparently down with a cough) but she shrugged it off with such finesse and grace no one could hold it against her. Then she asked her bassist to sing the high notes for her while she harmonized. Amazing, amazing, amazing. That night I became my 15 year old self, singing her songs with all the lovelorn angst only a 15 year old can have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment