Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tis Hard to Leave


Hola from Seattle! It has been a long week, from when I arrived in San Francisco 9 days ago up till now. I really needed a holiday, and I'm so glad I got one in the form of this West Coast roadtrip of sorts. Spent a couple of days in SFO, which is and always will be one of my favourite cities. Went for opening weekend at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, and I'm so glad we went! My crazy friend Nicky T, Vicky T, Tiffy L & Anty P drove all the way down from Seattle in a mad 14 hour drive, and the next day we headed out to Six Flags for some good ol rollercoaster fun. The rides were amaziiiingg, and the best part was that they had penguins and walruses and DOLPHINS. So adorable! The next day was touristy things like visiting the Golden Gate Bridge, Castro, Fishermen's Wharf and Haight-Ashbury. We also queued for an hour (like the real singaporeans we are) for brunch at Dottie's True Blue Cafe, which tbh wasn't as amazing as I expected, but still good, just not worth the wait. And of course took a drive through Sausalito! We also hired a pedal boat for an hour and floated (ok tiffy and vic pedaled) around this quaint lake in the Golden Gate Park. Shopped for random stuff at the amazing Wasteland on Haight, where I saw amazzziiing A.Wang boots for $200, too bad they weren't my size. I've always loved San Francisco, the hilly terrain, the beautiful bridges and parks, the bay and its sea lions, and as Rudyard Kipling wisely said, San Francisco has only one drawback-- Tis hard to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment